My husband and I have been a pretty strict budget these past few months. We’ve had job and housing transitions. Like-make veggie pot pie without the creamy inside…or mixing coconut yogurt to make ‘milk’ for cereal-kind of budget. Some of that was out of laziness or unplanned-ness BUT we did have to tighten up our budget quite a bit; and what came out of it was some pretty frugal and useful tips for bath and body. Less than $5-10 that lasted me around 4+ months!
Three Bath and Body Hacks for When You’re On a Tight Budget.
- Don’t use conditioner. Really? Really. If you have average-ish hair (not too greasy, not too dry) than you can definitely can get away with no conditioner. Especially if you use a great all- natural shampoo like I use at Plaine Products. My advice would be to not shampoo your hair every day, ain’t nobody got time for that anyway AND use a tiny bit of oil (see below) or DIY body dew to give it a conditioned feel. As a good family friend always says- dot dot not a lot!
- Use inexpensive oil- for everything. In my frugalness, I used olive oil and grapeseed oil for a plethora of uses, like body and face moisturizer, facial oil cleansing, DIY dandruff treatment, nail bed treatment, hair conditioner, and MORE!
- Use green tea as a tonic/moisturizing spray. Get a box or even better bulk loose leaf organic green tea or tea bags, brew some up, store tea in a glass container in the fridge and use to your liking for a week or so until you need more! It’s easy as that. I use this tonic prior to moisturizing my face, spritz before and after makeup application, spritz my face a dewy look, spray whole body for out of shower rejuvenation and moisture. It also fights acne, is anti-inflammatory and has great anti-oxidant properties (Source). BONUS!
- On a side note, if you have access to non-toxic, no-pesticide flowers you can make DIY floral water for the same uses! $0 + time= YES.
- * Make sure they are safe to use for cosmetics with the poison control website.
- Here is a short list of plants to use to start with.